ADSM-L

TSM - Informix - onsmsync logical logs

2001-07-19 06:59:42
Subject: TSM - Informix - onsmsync logical logs
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:47:46 +0200
Hello,

I've got the following setup:

TSM Server 3.7 runnig on NT
TSM 4.1.2 client running on HP-UX with Informix 9.21 FC5.1 and TDP for
Informix 4.1.2 (64 bits)

The backup of Informix with onbar is working fine. Informix contains a tool
"onsmsync" which should allow you to expire logical logs that are no longer
needed.

I use the command "onsmsync -i  " 00 00 01 00" -O to expire all the
information that is older than 1 hour (as a test). When I verify the result
in TSM with the command:

"show versions node_name /dbservername"

the logs are not marked inactive. Howeve if I take a few new full backups
and I run the onsmsyns a few times as well, some of the logs get inactive.
So onsmsync is working but there is a time delay or another obstruction.

Is anybody else using onsmsync? How does it work exactly? When do the logs
become eligible for expiration?

Best Regards,

Kurt