ADSM-L

Re: Offsite volume in strange state

2001-07-18 15:01:35
Subject: Re: Offsite volume in strange state
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:02:14 -0400
Quoting "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>:

> Bring the volume back (it's empty, anyway).  Check it in, run AUDIT
> VOL FIX=YES. That usually fixes this problem.

I had the volume retrieved from the vault and inserted into the
tape library. TSM under OS/390 does not have a check-in procedure
of its own. I changed the access to read/write and ran the 'audit
volume' command. The command reported that it had created or
corrected information for the volume. The status of the volume was
EMPTY, as I had hoped. I changed the access back to offsite and
attempted to execute a 'move drmedia' command to change the DR
media status from vaultretrieve to onsiteretrieve. The command failed
with the following message:

ANR9999D ASVOL(2751): Volume 600206 cannot be deleted to
 SCRATCH - it still has SEGMENT references.

Attempts to run the 'audit volume' command again fail because the
access is offsite. Attempts to change the access to read/write or
read-only fail with messages reporting internal server errors. Does
anyone have any suggestions for clearing up the new inconsistency?