ADSM-L

Re: Output query

2001-07-18 07:51:31
Subject: Re: Output query
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:52:32 -0400
Marc,

"Full:" tells you how many "data transfer" buffers
are fill at a current instance in time.
The number of buffers can be changed by using the
BUFFERS option/preference setting.

"Read:" tells you how many bytes of data have been
read from the database file at a current instance in time.

"Written:" tells you how many bytes of data (before compression)
have been sent to the TSM API (TSM Server) at a current instance in time.

That is for backup.  For restore, as you might guess,
the numbers reflect data movement in the other direction.
Keep in mind these stats are only a "snapshot" of a
current instance in time.  The snapshot is taken at
1 second intervals.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Marc Lowers
                    <Marc_R_Lowers@S       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    BPHRD.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Output query
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    07/18/2001 04:22
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Could someone explain to me the log file output from a backup below? ie.
what is meant by 'Full: 0' and the 'Read' and 'Written' columns?  Being a
bit new to this I'm not sure why I see this on some of the files we backup
and not others.