ADSM-L

Re: offsite copy

2001-07-18 04:28:19
Subject: Re: offsite copy
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:27:23 +0200
Zosimo,

1) backup stg_pool copy_pool
2) q vol * stg=copy_pool acc=readwr
shows a list of volumes
for each volume ( a_vol ) in this list do
3) upd vol a_vol acc=offsite
4) checkout libv yourlibrary a_vol

5) take all checked out volumes and ship them offsite :-)

herfried

"Zosimo Noriega (ADNOC IS&T)" <znoriega AT ADNOC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
18.07.2001 09:41:46

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  offsite copy

How to implement offsite backup copy ...

I have two primary tape storage pools for backup and archive.  I need to
send offsite the backup copy of my primary tape storage for archive.  I
created one copy storage pool and backup my primary tape storage pool.
Then,
how do i send this backup copy offsite?

Your help is really appreciated ....

regards,

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.