ADSM-L

Re: cleaning 3575 drive

2001-07-17 02:25:52
Subject: Re: cleaning 3575 drive
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:25:09 +0200
If its a single drive only get a cleaning tape and insert it into the drive
! If its within a library the checkin the cleaning cartitidges ( one or
more ) via the menu on the operating panel. Within this menu you have also
the possibility to clean the drive(s) immediate or set the cleaning
frequency ( as needed ). You can leave this cleaning tapes in the library ,
cause TSM will not touch these tapes ( also if there runs an audit libr),
cause they are stored in seperate slots - only used by the library
microcode itself )

herfried

Pothula S Paparao <9pothula AT SG.IBM DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 17.07.2001
05:06:10