ADSM-L

Re: Archive Question

2001-07-16 14:04:08
Subject: Re: Archive Question
From: "Coyle, Jack" <jack.coyle AT REXHEALTH DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:34:38 -0400
Do the statistics for the archive that are "low" indicate any failures? The
COPYGROUP that we have in place for our ARCHIVE management classes specify a
"copy serialization" of SHARED STATIC, implying that if files change during
the archive attempt, they should be skipped. (The number of attempts is
determined by the CHANGINGRETRIES client option.) If you see a nonzero value
for the number of failures, this may be the source of the discrepancy when
the total byte count is "lower".  Maybe it isn't the cause, but it is
something else to look for.

JRC