ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL 1.1.2

2001-07-12 15:16:25
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL 1.1.2
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:14:23 -0400
Bruce,

Are you running this on a NT 4 or 2000 cluster?
Is the cluster service running?
If you run the "dsmc query filespace" program with the
same dsmsql.opt, do you see the same error?

What version of the TSM API are you running with?
("sqldsmc /adsmqueryserver" will tell you the answer.)
If it's a Windows 2000 cluster and an older TSM API,
it may not be working correctly.
You should be running at least 3.7.0 of the TSM API.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Bruce Lowrie
                    <b.e.lowrie@DOWCO       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    RNING.COM>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     TDP for SQL 1.1.2
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    .EDU>

                    07/12/2001 12:49
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

I am using TDP for SQL version 1.1.2 on all of my SQL 7 / MS Cluster
installations with no problems. We are testing  out SQL 2000 using the same
version of the TDP and we received this error message:

ACO0302E -- NODENAME cannot be the local machine name when CLUSTERNODE is
set to YES

 when run this string from a command line interface :

sqldsmc  /sqlsecure /sqlserver:dclabvdb80 /adsmoptfile:dsmsql.opt
/backupfull:master

In the diserror.log file is this message:
07/10/2001 16:15:16 ANS1155E CLUSTERNODE option is set to YES but cluster
is
not enabled.
Either the machine does not have cluster server installed, or the cluster
server is not running.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bruce E. Lowrie
Sr. Systems Analyst
Information Technology Services
Storage, Output, Legacy
*E-Mail:  b.e.lowrie AT dowcorning DOT com
*Voice: ?(517) 496-6404
*Post:    Mail: CO2111, (DC2 1st Floor)

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp