ADSM-L

Re: Audit vol fails

2001-07-12 10:06:26
Subject: Re: Audit vol fails
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:06:55 -0400
I think recreating (restore volume) is the simplest way.  If the original tape
is
not damaged, then I would do a LABEL LIBVOL on it with overwrite=yes
after it is cleared and see if tape can be reused.  My caveat about using
overwrite=yes applies because you can overwrite good tapes!

David Longo

>>> Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM 07/12/01 09:43AM >>>
Good mornining all,

One of my DLT IV tapes seems to have gone bad last night.  When I try to run
an audit vol fix=yes on the volume the system complains that there was an
i/o error while trying to read the vol label.  This causes the process to
fail.  I have no way of mounting this vol and there is data on it.  Other
than recreating the vol from the copy pool is there another way to fix this?

Jack Palmadesso

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 07/12/01 10:11:03
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.