ADSM-L

Schedule Archive from the TSM server.

2001-07-11 15:13:37
Subject: Schedule Archive from the TSM server.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:14:09 -0400
Hello everyone.

 I found a problem today with TSM and Archives. We are running a TSM 3.7.4
server on OS/390 2.10 and I had a client indicate that they could not find
an Archive from 2 weeks ago. I accessed the client via the web and selected
the retrieve function from the GUI. Sure enough there was only one archive
listed for retrieval.

 Upon further investigation I found that the archive data does exist but
the problem is this. The TSM server has a scheduled archive of node ABC
file DEF. The problem comes into play with the description parameter of
this schedule. The schedule is defined with an action of Archive the
options for this schedule are what cause the problem. The options are '
-sub=yes -des="lifepro daily archive" , objects for the schedule are d:
\DEF\*. The archive runs without errors but all the archive data is under
\DEF\*. The archive runs without errors but all the archive data is under
the description "lifepro daily archive".

 My question is this. Is there a way to use a symbolic in the schedule for
the description field under action options? I searched through the manuals
and this lists archive but did not find a way to accomplish this from the
TSM server. I know that we could execute a batch file on the client (which
is NT) that can issue the archive command but I would rather not do this.

 Please let me know if there is a way that I can make each scheduled
archive unique using a archive scheduled from the TSM server or if I'm out
of luck.

 TIA for all of you help.

 - Brian