ADSM-L

Re: Library Audit Unsuccessful

2001-07-10 14:17:24
Subject: Re: Library Audit Unsuccessful
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:21:14 -0500
Richard, We (I) labeled all tapes in the library. They are NOT prelabeled.

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07/10/2001 01:08:09 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Fax to:

>I have been at my present job for a year and the audit library command
>fails EVERY time when it tries to read the labels. ...

George - Were the tapes introduced as pre-labeled by the tape vendor,
         or did you run a labeling job; and if so, was the labeling
done under the current release of the serer?  I always wonder about
the source of inconsistencies.  (I never trust tapes to be properly
"pre-labeled" for TSM use: I always label them, to avoid unpleasant
surprises when I can't afford them.)

  Richard Sims, BU