ADSM-L

Re: TSM and 3590E Tapes

2001-07-10 11:20:50
Subject: Re: TSM and 3590E Tapes
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:19:39 -0500
Just setup at new storage tape pool and force the B tape storage pool to
migrate to it by updating the nextpool, hi, and lo.
Change the nextpool for any disk pool to point to the new storage pool.  Are
you going to double density tapes or double length also.  If you are going
to double length, make sure the tape drive itself is configured to allow it.

For some reason, marking the old tapes read-only helps the process.

Jeff Bach
Home Office Open Systems Engineering
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

WAL-MART CONFIDENTIAL