ADSM-L

Re: Moving Nodes to a different domain

2001-07-09 11:26:19
Subject: Re: Moving Nodes to a different domain
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:26:55 -0400
Quoting Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>:

> Thanks... I have the domains setup for separate storage pools (357pool's
> and
> copy pools), however they all go the same archive pool for monthly
> backups.
>
> I guess the import/export is the only way to go then.

There is an alternative. You could run selective backups to ensure
that all files on the clients using the new policy domain had backups
in the storage pools associated with that domain. The corresponding
backup files in the generic storage pools would become inactive, and
would be deleted after the number of days specified in the retextra
parameter for the relevant backup copy group.