ADSM-L

Re: cuSignOnResp: Server rejected session; result code: 53

2001-07-09 06:38:55
Subject: Re: cuSignOnResp: Server rejected session; result code: 53
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:39:14 +0100
Hello Dwight,

AFAIK and have observed within the last months this is the normal behaviour
of the "new" multithreaded TSM client (>= v3.7.2.x). The default value for
the corresponding dsm.opt parameter RESOURCEUtilization is 2. So if you
haven't set a different value, everytime the client contacts the server he
opens two sessions: One for the control information, the other for the
data.

You can verify this by querying the client sessions on the server during a
scheduled or manual backup. Depending on the number and the size of the
changed files on the TSM client one session should have a relative small
number of bytes received or sent and won't change much after the backup
process itself has been initiated. The other session will transfer the data
from the client to the server and will the number of bytes received should
equal the size of the backed up files. This session will be closed before
the control session (the data transfer is already over but the client still
has to sent its results to the server).

So, if you want just one session for both tasks specify RESOURCEUtilization
1 in the dsm.opt. And if you want five data sessions you would have to
specify RESOURCEUtilization 6 in the client's option file.

And regarding your question about the error message:

Because every "new" client (v3.7 or 4.x) now uses two sessions maybe you
have to increase the maxsessions parameter in your dsmserv.opt so the
maximum number of scheduled sessions is also increased? And perhaps it is
just happening what the error log says: The server rejects the session
because there are no more sessions allowed to be opened?

Just my 2 cents. Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

cookde AT BP DOT [email protected] on 02.07.2001 19:58:02

Sent by:  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU