ADSM-L

I want to delete a second copy pool set of tapes. How do I do it??

2001-07-08 09:37:33
Subject: I want to delete a second copy pool set of tapes. How do I do it??
From: Mark Brown <mark.brown AT MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:43:45 -0400
Hello,

A year ago we switched from 3490 tapes to 3590E tapes. I have alot of
tapes in a copypool made up of older 3490 tapes. All the local tapes
are 3590E tapes. I moved all the data from local 3490 tapes onto
3590E tapes.

I have been copying the 3590E tapes to a new copypool of 3590E tapes
and when the copies are finally complete I know I can safely delete
the 3490 tapes and the data. I expect to complete all the work in about
2 weeks. Yes, I can wait but....

Is there a command out there will tell me that I can delete a 3490
tape by knowing that all the data on the older 3490 tape exists on a
3590E
offsite tape??

Mark Brown
mark.brown AT mcgill DOT ca