ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: total # of bytes by each client on a daily basis

2001-07-06 15:31:15
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: total # of bytes by each client on a daily basis
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:58:02 +1200

William Boyer wrote:

> I'm assuming it's the amount of data transferred.

And I say:
I don't think it is.  I have just made a comparison for several clients, and
although for most of them the figure is pretty similar, there is one that
shows a significant difference - the one that has large files to send, which
won't fit in the diskpool.

The summary table gives 323,035,314 and the actlog gives 355.94 MB which
works out at 373,230,141.  The difference is around 50MB or 15%.

So, I think it's the number of bytes backed up.
(And I think I'm going to change one of my scripts...
in fact I think I can feel a diagnostic tool coming on...)

--
Lesley Walker
Lesley Walker