ADSM-L

Volume status

2001-07-06 15:30:58
Subject: Volume status
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:53:00 -0700
I know I've asked this before but have never heard from anyone on what they
think is the cause or if anyone else is having this problem.

I currently have 8 volumes that are "in the library", 7 are listed through
DRM as in the offsite pool in vault status but with the aix command mtlib -l
/dev/lmcp0 -qI it shows these same volumes in FF00 status. They are in the
library I checked. Also one volume is in the Unix tpool but is also listed
as FF00 status.

I don't understand how DRM has lost track of these and think they in the
vault when they are in the library. How can it also be that the library
manager thinks they are in FF00 status? Has anyone else had this problem
with their system?

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer