ADSM-L

Re: cuSignOnResp (SOLUTION ! ! !)

2001-07-05 14:48:47
Subject: Re: cuSignOnResp (SOLUTION ! ! !)
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:31:25 -0500
but the problem is if the admin id doesn't exist...
so by deleting the "bogus" admin name, the problem will be created !
this seems to currently be mainly on Sun Solaris 6 boxes with tsm 3.7.2
clients
on the client you will see a
        06/15/01   15:41:32 cuSignOnResp: Server rejected session; result
code: 53
entry in the dsmerror.log file for each & every session with the server if
you don't have that admin id with the node's name.
I just double checked... a client box that does lots of archives and was
writing one of these errors to its dsmerror.log about every 7 seconds (makes
for a real big dsmerror.log) has written none since 10:30 when I added its
admin id.

Well, we've been running since ADSM 2.1 and a lot of clients have been
around since then also...
those are the ones without admin id's  but ever since TSM 3.?  they have
been added automatically...
on those clients, we have not seen this error.
Actually it was seeming fairly random across sun boxes but with all the hind
sight now it is all making more sense.

have to run...
later,
Dwight