ADSM-L

Clarification on support of IBM 3583 with TSM 3.7.4 on Windows 20 00

2001-07-05 13:40:07
Subject: Clarification on support of IBM 3583 with TSM 3.7.4 on Windows 20 00
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:54:59 -0500
I know there has been a lot of mail on this in the past and the
recommendation seems to be to go to 4.x to support the 3583 on Windows 2000.

I just want to to clarify if the 3583 is supported on 3.7.4 running on
Windows 2000. (We need the extra capacity now, but may not be able to update
to 4.x for a few months.)

The read1sts.txt says it supports the 3583 (using RSM).  But there is an
updated  README.LTO.txt that has all references to Windows 2000 removed.
The supported device list shows the 3583 being supported on Windows 2000 on
3.7.3.8.

So what is the intent of the updated README.LTO with 3.7.4?  Does it mean
that the 3583 is not actually supported on Windows 2000 at this level?

Thanks for any information.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg