ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM

2001-07-03 20:17:57
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.6 bad performance with TSM
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:17:45 -0400
Does your accounting log (dsmaccnt.log, in the server/bin directory)
indicate a lot of media wait, comm. wait, or idle wait?
If it's idle wait, turn on client tracing,;
If it's media wait, turn on server tracing;
If it's comm wait, see if you can get ftp to do the same thing, then bug
your network gurus.

If you're backing up directly to tape (q se f=d will tell you), try going to
a disk pool instead.

Interesting problem. Please let us know how it comes out.