ADSM-L

Re: AIX device drives

2001-07-03 13:41:59
Subject: Re: AIX device drives
From: Ted Byrne <tbyrne AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:42:34 -0400
>I found a message on the list
>(http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0012/34.html)
>which refers to a level 4.3.3.25. Is this an error
>or is there indeed a higher level at an obscure hidden
>place on the Internet somewhere?

Eric,

It's certainly possible that there is a(nother) obscure hidden place on the
Internet somewhere that has a higher version of the driver, but all of the
ftp sources that I've checked do not show this fileset.  Is calling AIX
SupportLine to verify if there is a more recent level of the driver an
option?

It does seem rather odd that this device driver would not have been
modified since base 4.3.3 code.

Perhaps the author of the December post you referred to (Gareth Jenkins)
could shed some light on the subject?

Ted