ADSM-L

Re: Disaster recovery - unable to restore

2001-06-29 11:25:36
Subject: Re: Disaster recovery - unable to restore
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:21:49 -0500
My backup script runs a brarchive run followed by selective backups of
/oracle/SID/saparch and /oracle/SID/sapbackup after the brbackup completes.

In addition, to speed up the PIT restore of some of the SAP directories, I
run an archive run every Sunday of all the non-database filesystems to the
management classes (two copies) I use for the redo logs. At the D/R site we
retrieve the archives, run a PIT restore of /usr/sap/SID,
/oracle/SID/sapbackup, and /oracle/SID/saparch. Then we use backfm to pull
down the most current .anf or .aff for the backup and .svd for the redo
logs.

We've never run into the 'bad format' error. OTOH, the documentation for
backint does imply using TSM to capture these logs.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc