ADSM-L

Re: MS Exchange related question

2001-06-29 06:57:41
Subject: Re: MS Exchange related question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:58:38 -0400
Yahya,

The "Platform" field will change to the LAST client type that connects to
it.
It must be that you are using the same nodename to attach to it
with one of the baclient programs (the base backup/archive client
or maybe even the base client scheduler.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                    Yahya Ilyas
                    <Yahya.Ilyas@A       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    SU.EDU>              cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     MS Exchange related
question
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    06/28/2001
                    05:14 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I have installed TSM module for MS Exchange and Windows client on WinNT
machine. When I issue command query node for Exchange node it shows
platform
as WinNT, same as it shows for WinNT client.

Some time ago I installed MS Exchange module on a Win2000 machine and query
node command shows me platform as TDP MSExchg NT.  Is this the difference
because of different windows platforms or did I not install MS Exchange
properly on WinNT machines.

Thanks