ADSM-L

Re: SQL Server Disaster Recovery question

2001-06-27 12:29:01
Subject: Re: SQL Server Disaster Recovery question
From: William Degli-Angeli <billybob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:29:52 -0400
Did you "rebuild the master database using the same character
set and sort order as the master database backup being restored"?

After restoring the master database, are you restarting the sql server
in multi-user mode ( Ie. Not in single user mode) ?

What errors are you getting when you restart the server? Any event
log messages?

    Thanks,
        Bill

William Degli-Angeli
IGS TDP Development
Endicott, NY
(607) 752-6749
TieLine: 852-6749
Internet: BillyBob AT US.IBM DOT Com

                    Ruddy STOUDER
                    <Ruddy.Stouder@IRI       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    SLINK.COM>               cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:     Re: SQL Server
Disaster Recovery question
                    Dist Stor Manager"
                    <[email protected].

                    06/27/2001 11:44
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Del,

Indeed, the msdb database has to be restored but, according to the
redbook, it has to be done after :

With TDP for SQL 1.1.1, I restored the master.dat file
I tried to restart the SQL server and it fails ...

So, after restarting the SQL server, I am supposed to restore the msdb
database but the SQL server does not restart ...

Ruddy

                        Ruddy Stouder
                        System Engineer
                        TSM Certified Consultant

                        I.R.I.S.
                        Rue du Bosquet 10 - Parc Scientifique de
Louvain-La-Neuve
                        B- 1435 Mont-Saint-Guibert
                        ruddy.stouder AT irislink DOT com
                        http://www.irislink.com
<http://www.irislink.com>
                        Tel: +32 (0)10 48 75 10  -  Fax: +32 (0)10 48 75
40