ADSM-L

Re: TSM and backint success stories

2001-06-27 10:14:48
Subject: Re: TSM and backint success stories
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:05:03 -0500
Kevin --

We run a nightly online backup and a weekly offline with TDP for R3 -- and
were doing the same when it was called 'backint'. There's no change to the
product, just the version. Our database is running at 560 GB (roughly) right
now. If you haven't done an online with backint yet, be advised that it's
not an incremental, it is a true full backup with the database up and open,
You will generate a fair number of redo logs during the backup, depending on
system activity at the time. As far as 'supported configuration' -- you
aren't currently in a supported configuration at all, and 'backint' the PRPQ
product is no longer supported. What you really have to pay attention to are
the version(s) of the TSM api that your version of backint will work with,
and the versions of SAP that it will work with.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO Inc