ADSM-L

Re: Diskpool size for DirMc

2001-06-26 13:42:24
Subject: Re: Diskpool size for DirMc
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:43:14 -0700
Raymond,

I have a diskpool set up for exactly the purpose you are interested in. I
wanted to bring directory data availability up. I specify in the dsm.opt the
dirmc option and it does go there. I do back up that disk to tape in case of
disaster also, but don't migrate the data off.

I have close to 120 clients, lots of databases; notes, SQL, Oracle, lots of
NT and some Unix. I had little to go on for size so I set up my disk at 33gb
and waited to see how it filled. Looks as though I probably went way
overboard on this but for now I'm going to leave it as is. Here are my
statistics so on the disk:

/adsmstg11/diskvol.11     DIRECTORY-DPOOL   DISK         33,000.0    1.7
On-Line

At 1.7% utilized it looks as as though I'll never fill it up but who knows.
I'm comfortable leaving it as it is for now since I'm not hurting in any
other areas for the disk space.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer