ADSM-L

Re: Copy-Pool Question

2001-06-24 00:40:55
Subject: Re: Copy-Pool Question
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:41:32 -0500
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:05:32 +0200, you wrote:
>My Problem is, that one of our tapes in the library is destroyed.
>I thought, no problem we have a outside copy pool...
>
>restore volume A00xxx preview=yes
>shows me about 105 tapes
>
>now I have to checkin 105 tapes......
>
>Is this possible?

It is possible, but it sounds like you might not be running
reclamation on your copy pool tapes. Do you have administrative
command on a schedule that look something like

        upd stg copypool reclaim=60

and

        upd stg copypool reclaim=100

If not, that could explain why you've got to go to so many tapes to
restore a tape volume.