ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log size

2001-06-22 11:27:00
Subject: Re: Recovery Log size
From: Jeff Bach <jdbach AT WAL-MART DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:27:57 -0500
With database sizes on client systems increasing each day to 100s Gigs from
tens of Gigs, if the log size only goes up by 2.5 times the current size
limit, some piece has to get 4 times faster to maintain the current way
things are working.

If Tivoli is not going forward faster than its customers, it is not going
forward.   TSM either needs to be ported to use a 21st century database or
at least copy what they are doing today.  Multiple recovery log volumes,
replication between servers for recundancy, the ability to actually use 2+
to 8 Gigs of database buffer memory.

Jeff Bach

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.