ADSM-L

Re: File write error message

2001-06-22 11:11:06
Subject: Re: File write error message
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:12:03 -0400
>I experienced this error previously and noticed that our smit.log and
>smit.script files were huge.
>I cleared those files and that allowed more space for about 2 weeks.
>Now, I'm experiencing the same error and can't figure out what is taking up
>all the space.

The administration of your AIX system need to be much better than it
is in order to properly support server applications like TSM.
Consider deploying the public domain 'lsof' command on your system
to see what large files are open in your file systems...

lsof                                    Public domain command to list open
                                        files...  Obtain from vic.cc.purdue.edu
                                        in pub/tools/unix/lsof.
                                        To see network activity, do 'lsof -n'
                                        and look for things like "UDP *:652"