ADSM-L

Re: sql backup error

2001-06-22 07:46:46
Subject: Re: sql backup error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:33:41 -0400
$)C $)C
Iykim,

You didn't say if you are running version 1 or version 2
of Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL.
This makes a difference.  Look here for requirements:

   http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tdp_ms.html#SQL

For your environment, the requirements for
Tivoli Data Protection for Microsoft SQL would be:
   Version 1.1.2:  SQL 7 SP1
   Version 2.2.0:  SQL 7 SP2

You should look at the SQL Server log to find out more
about the error. Otherwise, I suggest calling
IBM/Tivoli support.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono

                     1h@N?1
                    <iykim@CDDATA.       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    CO.KR>               cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     sql backup error
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/01/2001
                    03:41 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

When I intended to backup sql db, this error message showed..
How does it works??

os:win2000, no win2000 service pack installed,  mssql 7.0,

Client ended transaction DB-LIB  message: Backup or restore operation
terminating abnormally

I have another question.
Is there any system requirement(win2000 service pack or sql service pack)
to backup sql db??

Thankx..