ADSM-L

Re: Which version of TSM Win32 to install - 4.1.2.12, 14, 17,18 ? ?

2001-06-21 15:08:08
Subject: Re: Which version of TSM Win32 to install - 4.1.2.12, 14, 17,18 ? ?
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:01:22 -0500
I think .12 is the requisite level (for the DST fix), the rest are for the
apar's they fix.  BTW, I think your statement of the SysObj issue, if
correct, will make the "normal incremental" a nightmare -- I vote we stick
with the "Microsoft" way (avoid the TSM SysObj backup feature, use ntBackup
to create a single glob, SysState.bkf -- same amount of data but it avoids
the TSM db nightmare!)  This is the approach we use, and will continue to
use unless Tivoli decides to do it right!

BTW, all you folks do *know* you must upgrade your Win2K to SP2 if you want
your domain controller backups to be restorable, right???  This is
regardless of which backup product you use!!! (See my earlier post, re.
Active Directory backups get corrupted, with the Q# for the fix incorporated
in SP2.)

Cheers,
Don

Don France