ADSM-L

Re: don't understand the select output

2001-06-21 05:18:34
Subject: Re: don't understand the select output
From: Richard Bates <Richard_Bates AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 10:19:35 +0100
The file_size in the contents table is the aggregate size (if in use).  If
you look at each row in the table you will see something like the
following.  The 1/5, 2/5 in the AGGREGATED field indicates that 5 files
make up the aggregate, their total size is 3661 bytes.

   VOLUME_NAME: C:\TSMDATA\SERVER2\DISK1.DSM
     NODE_NAME: THINKPAD
          TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: \\ibm-cdhiv6vr881\c$
     FILE_NAME: \ DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS
    AGGREGATED: 1/5
     FILE_SIZE: 3661
       SEGMENT:
        CACHED: No

   VOLUME_NAME: C:\TSMDATA\SERVER2\DISK1.DSM
     NODE_NAME: THINKPAD
          TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: \\ibm-cdhiv6vr881\c$
     FILE_NAME: \DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ ADMINISTRATOR
    AGGREGATED: 2/5
     FILE_SIZE: 3661
       SEGMENT:
        CACHED: No

   VOLUME_NAME: C:\TSMDATA\SERVER2\DISK1.DSM
     NODE_NAME: THINKPAD
          TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: \\ibm-cdhiv6vr881\c$
     FILE_NAME: \DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\ LOCAL SETTINGS
    AGGREGATED: 3/5
     FILE_SIZE: 3661
       SEGMENT:
        CACHED: No

   VOLUME_NAME: C:\TSMDATA\SERVER2\DISK1.DSM
     NODE_NAME: THINKPAD
          TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: \\ibm-cdhiv6vr881\c$
     FILE_NAME: \DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\ TEMP
    AGGREGATED: 4/5
     FILE_SIZE: 3661
       SEGMENT:
        CACHED: No

   VOLUME_NAME: C:\TSMDATA\SERVER2\DISK1.DSM
     NODE_NAME: THINKPAD
          TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: \\ibm-cdhiv6vr881\c$
     FILE_NAME: \DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\
                 016041
    AGGREGATED: 5/5
     FILE_SIZE: 3661
       SEGMENT:
        CACHED: No

In my example the individual files in the aggregate are all smaller than
3661 bytes.  So if i ran a sum(file_size) I would see spurious results too.

You should be using something like q occu or q audito to see the amount of
client storage on your system.

Richard.

Ofer Nachom <ofer AT TRIP.CCC.CO DOT IL> on 20-06-2001 12:59:53