ADSM-L

Re: Reclaims Ques

2001-06-20 21:35:46
Subject: Re: Reclaims Ques
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:36:46 -0700
No.

Reclaim is the process of recovering unused portions of tapes by copying the
good stuff to a new tape.

Colocation is an option reduces the number of tapes occupied by the backups
for a system.  This will make restores faster since it reduces the number of
tape mounts at the expense of additional tape mounts for backups and more
partially filled tapes.  Some sites use it for critcal servers.

I suggest reading the Getting Started redbook.  That's not its full name;
but if you search for that you should be able to find it.