ADSM-L

Re: Archiving vs Backups

2001-06-19 09:17:14
Subject: Re: Archiving vs Backups
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:02:22 -0500
If you have *any* file or directory content you want to keep a copy of for
some number of days -- archiving is the way to do it.

We use archiving for all our Oracle database 'backups' because we tend to
keep them for 14 to 21 days and will sometimes make multiple backups in one
day. I also archive on a weekly basis several filesystems in our production
SAP environment for faster restore at our D/R hotsite. I've been tempted to
look at 'backupsets' to replace these, but don't see how I can improve the
speed with them.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.