ADSM-L

Re: Reuse of DB backup volumes

2001-06-19 08:46:09
Subject: Re: Reuse of DB backup volumes
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:47:07 +0200
Hi,

you can force tapes to be scratch again using the TMS tool (for instance
with CA1 you can update expiration date and flags).

BUT if you are really talking of the TSM DB backup tapes, you should both
keep the full ones AND the incremental ones !

Regards,

René Lambelet
Nestec S.A. / Informatique du Centre
55, av. Nestlé  CH-1800 Vevey (Switzerland)
*+41'21'924'35'43  7+41'21'924'28'88  * K4-117
email rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com
Visit our site: http://www.nestle.com

        This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
        may contain information that is privileged and confidential.