ADSM-L

Re: Space reclamation processes

2001-06-19 08:10:20
Subject: Re: Space reclamation processes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:11:20 -0400
>we have a library with four DLT drives. During the expire inventory,
>several space reclamation processes start, using all drives in the library.
>I'd like to keep two drives free for migration.
>Is there a way of limiting the number of drives used by space reclamation?

Stefano - You are letting your reclamations have their way with your server
          by virtue of not controlling the Reclamation Threshold value.
Keep it at 100% until you want Reclamation to occur, by storage pool,
which will then use two drives at a time.  Many of us use Admin Schedules
to let reclamation run at advantageous times.

  Richard Sims, BU