ADSM-L

Re: Reuse of DB backup volumes

2001-06-19 08:07:02
Subject: Re: Reuse of DB backup volumes
From: MUSTAFA BAYTAR <mustafa.baytar AT EFESPILSEN.COM DOT TR>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:05:31 +0300
if your SAP R/3 database is db2 you can use db2adutl tool for deactivating db
backups.

                    Praveen Kumar
                    <pavikumar@HO        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    TMAIL.COM>           cc:     (bcc: MUSTAFA
BAYTAR/ATIM/ICECEK)
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Reuse of DB backup volumes
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    19.06.2001
                    14:04
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi all,

I am using TSM 4.1 and TDP for SAP R/3. We are taking daily online
backup(Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday)  and weekly offline backup (Sunday).
We have 6 sets of
online/daily backup and 4 sets of offline/weekly backup. After every days
backup we take TSM DB
backup and VOLHISTORY and DEVCONFIG backup.

Now to reuse the tapes used for TSM DB backup we have to issue the command
DELETE VOLhistory  with
option TYPE=DBBACKUP and TODATE=mm/dd/yyyy. But this command deletes all
DBbackup info prior to date
mm/dd/yyyy. I want to delete volhistory info only for one perticuler day. Can
anyone guide me how to
do this?  Because on every online backup day (say Monday), if i delete
volhistory info for last
Monday, it deletes volhistory info for last Sunday/offline backup as well.
Where as i want to retain
offline backup volhistory info for one month.

Please guide me how to delete DB backup volhistory info only for one perticuler
day, so that i can
retain volhistory info prior to that day as well.

All suggestions are most welcome.

Regards

Praveen