ADSM-L

Re: TDPO V2.2

2001-06-19 07:57:27
Subject: Re: TDPO V2.2
From: Christo Heuër <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:04:24 +0200
Michel,

Changes was made to the functionality on the code level 3.7.3 and again 4.1.
These changes does not relate to anything in the Tdp code as far as the
redbook is concerned (Tsm3.7 and 4.1 Technical guide). SG24-6110-00.

It is mostly San related/backupsets and new clients.

You will find that IBM will give the supported levels but it is not to say
other levels will not work - it has just not been tested and certified -
(Whatever that means in terms of bug-free code lately).

Cheers
Christo

> This is my environment
>
> TSM Server on OS/390: V3.7.1
> TSM Client on SUN: V3.7.1
> Oracle on SUN: V8.1.6
>
> According to the readme's and manuals I need to use V2.2 of the TDPO. Now
they
> mention also V3.7.4 for the server next to V4.1.2.12 for the API. This
last one
> is no problem because it is on the CD for the TDPO. The problem for the
moment
> is V3.7.4 for the TSM Server. Is it really necessary to have this
configuration
> or is there another combination of software versions that can backup
Oracle