ADSM-L

How to keep one month worth of data offsite

2001-06-17 02:09:44
Subject: How to keep one month worth of data offsite
From: Alyn Bush <xxalyn AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:10:41 -0700
How to keep one month worth of data offsite.
The reson, lack of tape spaces and can not have so
many version.  The other reson, managment wants data
to be kept in safe box for at least one month the we
can recycle it... This is what I did
Background:
I have 10 filesystem to backup of 5 different systems.
 I have 2 libraries of 3750 attached separately, to
the ADSM server.  I'm using 1st one for daily live
data of each system, I'm having only one copies of the
files, the current version, and the retention of that
is one year, or can be unlimit...so everyday it's
getting refreshed, only one copy exists.
I need to keep previous day's copy on the second
library, I have two options as I thought of it, one is
to do each day archive and keep it for max. One month
and then start recycling, the other option, which I'm
not sure, is whether I can use Copy Storage pool or
not.  I know the retention on Copy Pool is same as the
primary pool... But if I do copy pool to some tapes
and then move that tape offsite, on daily basis, can
these files be retrieved any day within one year, or
it stay only one day.
Please help ...

Thanks,
Alyn Bush