ADSM-L

Re: dsm.sys file not being read in aix

2001-06-15 18:00:04
Subject: Re: dsm.sys file not being read in aix
From: Michael Oski <moski AT APPLE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:01:32 -0700
Having include/excludes in the dsm.sys file works, it's just not the
preferred method. If you need to adjust your includes/excludes, and a
"dsmc sched" process is running, the process will not pick up the
changes to dsm.sys since it is read only upon startup. By placing the
list in an inclexcl file, you can update that file while the scheduler
is running and the updated file will be re-read when a backup actually
kicks off.