ADSM-L

Re: 3494 phantom ejections

2001-06-15 10:42:38
Subject: Re: 3494 phantom ejections
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:41:06 -0400
We had a problem with a newly installed 3494. One of the 6 drives showed up
DOA, and the replacement drive was configured incorrectly. Whenever TSM
called for a tape mount, the drive would fail reading the tape and the
library would eject the tape all by itself. There were messages in the
library manager log about not being able to read the label of the tape.
There may be a problem with a drive. You may want to have the CE check out
the logs on the LM. Once the CE configured the 3590 correctly, the problem
went away. TSM didn't know anything about those tapes being ejected. We did
see some I/O errors in the TSM activity log.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.