ADSM-L

Re: Volhistory after Reload

2001-06-15 10:11:59
Subject: Re: Volhistory after Reload
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:59:06 -0400
Gerhard - I ran into the same problem.  Tivoli has a method to delete
the old records manually.  This will let the tapes be used again.
Call Tivoli support to get instructions.  Here is part of what they sent
me (I won't publish the full instructions as they are potentially dangerous).

- -
Bill, IC29502 has been opened against AIX Platform for this problem.  It
will be routed over to MVS paltform.  This apar was opened for 4.1 server,
but will also be addressed in next 3.7 ptf.  In the meantime, development
has provided a procedure for removing the DB backup entries from the
volume history table.   As you will be manipulating the database, you
will want to first make sure you have a very current database backup.

This is the procedure to delete the obsolete DB backup entries from the
volhistory table. These commands should be used only to correct this
specific
problem and should never be used without specific instruction from TSM
development.
- -

I discovered a flaw in their directions and informed tivoli; I expect they will
have added my discovery by now, but if not -

when you find the pages and records you want to manipulate, if there is
more than one record in a page, do the records in reverse order, that is,
do the highest record number first.

Good luck,

--