ADSM-L

Full Disk Buffer Stopping a Backup.

2001-06-14 22:01:50
Subject: Full Disk Buffer Stopping a Backup.
From: Bill Robb <robbwd AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:08:49 -0400
Folks...

I have an instance where I want to backup an entire Sybase database to its own
disk buffer.  However, for DRP purposes I need the entire database, so if the
buffer reaches it high threshold, I want the backup to fail.  I'll then
increase the size of the disk buffer, and restart the backup.   What I'm trying
to prevent is having the backup spill to a sequential, or copy pool.

Later in the day though, I will want to empty the buffer by migrating it to a
sequential pool - I'll do this via command to reset the thresholds.

I think I can do this by not specifying a 'next' pool when I define the disk
buffer, and by specifying a destination on the management class (for the
migration).

Is my thinking correct?

Thanks...

Bill Robb