ADSM-L

TSM db and log volumes / ESS

2001-06-14 15:31:12
Subject: TSM db and log volumes / ESS
From: "Martin, Jon R." <jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:22:11 -0400
I am trying to create an additional db and log volume to implement TSM
mirroring.  If I use a logical volume created on an internal scsi or ssa
attached drive I have no problem.  However the goal is to create the logical
volumes on a ESS vpath.  When I try to dsmfmt these volumes I run into the
following error.

# dsmfmt -m -db /dbaa1vp0/db 7181
         by
        AIX Server DSMFMT Extent/Volume Formatting Program

        Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

        5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1997.  All rights
reserved.
        U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or
disclosure
        restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

        Error writing file /dbaa1vp0/db, errno = 27

Has anyone had a similar experience.  It is a standard logical volume with a
mounted JFS.

AIX 4.3.3
TSM Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.15

Jon Martin