ADSM-L

tdp for ess for R/3 or Oracle

2001-06-14 09:34:13
Subject: tdp for ess for R/3 or Oracle
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-ISES-31" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:32:38 +0200
L&g

reading the installation requirements, the following software must be
installed on both the production system and the backup system:
*       TSM Backup/Archive Client
*       TDP for R/3 or Oracle
*       TSM API
*       TSM Server

what if the backup system is (also) the TSM Server !!!!!!!!!
must then all the software mentioned above be installed on the
backup system ? I cannot see a reason that TSM Backup/Archive Client should
be installed !!! and why does it i.e. backup system need TDP for R/3 or
Oracle ????

thanks.

Ruud van Ruler,  Shell Services International BV - ISES/31
Our Central Data Storage Management home page:
http://sww2.shell.com/cdsm/
> Room 1B/G01
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : +31 (0)70 - 3034644, Fax 4011, Mobile +31 (0)6-55127646
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com

                                                            R.vanRuler