ADSM-L

TSM 3.7 to 4.1

2001-06-13 10:53:34
Subject: TSM 3.7 to 4.1
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:53:46 +0100
Hi all,

We run an OS390 TSM 3.7.20.0 server with over 100  clients, mainly Netware and
NT.
With 3.7 going out of support later this year we are considering moving to 4.1,
initially just
the host server, with the clients following some time later.
My questions for those of you who have been there,done that are

What is the most stable release of 4,1 to go for?
Are there any significant gains we can expect just from the server upgrade?
Are there substantial additional gains from upgrading the clients.
We currently  are finding it more of a struggle to backup our large netware
clients within
the available window, so faster backups/restores would be a plus.

Please pass on your experiences.

Thanks,
John.

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy plc.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.

Scottish Hydro-Electric and Southern Electric are trading names of
Scottish and Southern Energy Group.