ADSM-L

Cleaning Problem with Adic Scalar 218 DLT!

2001-06-12 17:40:16
Subject: Cleaning Problem with Adic Scalar 218 DLT!
From: Petur Eythorsson <peddi AT ITN DOT IS>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:41:14 CUT0
Hi

I am having problem with cleaning tapes in Adic Scalar library. when i have the
drives defined with cleanengfrq=ASNEEDED. So when the clean-light comes on the
TSM starts and takes the cleaning tape and mounts it in the drive but TSM never
dismounts the cleaning tape. and when i type q mount i dont see the tape
mounted.
Then when a migration process starts or something like that, then the robot
tryes to mount a tape in the drive with the cleaning tape, resoulting in an I/O
error.

Now i only have 5 months of experience in TSM, so the answer could be easy but
i cant seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kvepja/Regards
Pitur Ey~srsson
Tfknimapur/Technician
Kerfisfrfpingur IR
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
N}herji Hf            Smmi TEL: +354-569-7700
Borgartzn 37       105 Iceland

^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti N}herja Internet.
^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti N}herja Internet.
         Slspin er: http://postur.itn.is/