ADSM-L

Re: Backup a BIG Sap installation

2001-06-11 15:56:11
Subject: Re: Backup a BIG Sap installation
From: "Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT EGR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:57:09 -0500
We backup about a 1 TB SAP Database nightly hot.  We use a disk pool and SQL
Backtrack with 16 threads and then drain the disk pool to 3590 tape drives.
We do it in 3-4 hours.  We will be implementing TDP for SAP on production
soon we are currently running it only in development.  I would suspect it
would be possible but I am not sure with just 10 drives.  You would
definitely want at least TDP 3.2 because there are issues with compression
on 3.1
Good luck and let us know how you do if you do.
Becky