ADSM-L

TSM on OS/390

2001-06-11 11:00:42
Subject: TSM on OS/390
From: Mahesh Tailor <MTailor AT CARILION DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:01:14 -0400
Hello, all.

I am currently running TSM v3.7.4.0 on AIX and would like to migrate it
to OS/390.

The server currently has 200 nodes (IBM AIX, HP-UX, Novell Netware 4 & 5,
Microsoft Windows NT) registered and our schedules start at 20:00 and
finish by 06:00.  The total storage is 2.8TB.

The mainframe is an ES-9000 (9672-R34) and using VTS system for storage.

What I'd like to know is what overhead to expect on the OS/390 or how to
figure out if I'm going to have to upgrade the system?  Also, should we
create a new image for TSM?  What are licensing issues for this
migration?

Any information would be appreciated.

TIA

Mahesh Tailor