ADSM-L

Error 6 killing thread (#)

2001-06-11 10:55:46
Subject: Error 6 killing thread (#)
From: "Kleynerman, Arthur" <Arthur.Kleynerman AT MOODYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:54:50 -0400
Hello all,

Has anyone seen this error and can someone suggest a fix for it?

The error appears in the dsmerror.log while the clients' WinNT and W2K
workstations (running TSM V4.1) are in the process of shutting down. The
error is accompanied by the message (that pops up on the screen)
"dsmcsvc.exe Application Error", "address in memory could not be
referenced."

This may not be a big problem, but users find these messages very annoying.

Thanks in advance,
Arthur

---------------------------------------
The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto,
is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If
you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or
in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message
and all of its attachments.  Thank you.
The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto,
is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If
you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or
in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message
and all of its attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.