ADSM-L

Re: How to migrate TSM from OS/390 onto AIX

2001-06-11 10:21:36
Subject: Re: How to migrate TSM from OS/390 onto AIX
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:20:40 -0500
We used server to server to export the nodes to an AIX TSM server. We had a 20gig database with several hundred nodes that we migrated. We did the migration a node at a time over a 4 month period. We would lock the node, do the export, then import on the AIX server, add the node to a schedule, and then notify the customer that he needed to change the ip address for the TSM server. You need a lot of patience because if you get an error there is no way to restart the export where you left off. For some of our larger nodes we ended up exporting them a filespace or several filespaces at a time.
Jim Sporer